Visit our Photo Gallery
Click on photo to see a larger image
Today's Hikes |
Tomorrow's Hikes |
Recent Club News
you wish something to be posted please advise the
All IHC Hikes are Cancelled through Friday May 1
The Indianapolis Hiking Club Board of Directors has decided that all hikes are to be canceled through May 1st. This decision was made following Indianapolis Mayor Joe Hogsett's extension of the Stay at Home mandate for Marion County. In following various news reports, the COVID-19 numbers are increasing rapidly, and it is likely that more restrictions throughout the State will follow. Regardless, this is the right thing to do. We all want to stay healthy and not be a factor in the spread of this pandemic. We all miss hiking and will look forward to the time when these restrictions can be lifted.
We are all in this together and we will all get through this together!
Smoky Mountains Long Weekend to be Rescheduled for October, 2020
Jim Schlechte and Jim Goulding have some positive news to brighten your day. The annual Smokies trip will be held this Fall, with hikes being scheduled for October 8, 9 & 10. As Fall is a busy time in the Smokies, you will want to book your lodging as soon as possible. Further details will be included in the June/July schedule. Email Jim Schlechte (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
April and May 2020 Schedule Now Available
The April and May 2020 hike schedule is now available on the hike schedule page. The calendar function for these two months is also available.
On Thursday March 19 the Board of Directors met and approved publishing the April/May hike schedule with the full understanding that is unlikely that many of the hikes listed in the schedule will actually take place because of Covid-19 concerns. This decision was made in recognition of recent federal, state and local regulations regarding group activities. At this point, due to the limited number of hikers participating in any one activity, our hikes will continue as scheduled. Each member should evaluate his/her personal situation and decide whether or not to participate in any Club activity based on the risks involved to themselves or others. If you have flu-like symptoms, including fever, coughing, sneezing, sore throat, shortness of breath, etc., please do not hike and put others in danger. If a hike leader decides to cancel a hike (and we expect many of these), our usual procedure will be followed.
The Board will continue to monitor the situation and issue updates as needed. Please read the full policy statement on the first page of the April/May schedule.
Hike Added on May 10
Terry Roesch moved her Yellowwood Forest hike that was originally scheduled on Saturday April 18 but was a victim of the Covid-19 stay at home order, to Sunday May 10 still at 10:00 AM. Here's hoping that the ban on all group activities will be lifted by then.